Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Swim Free Mixed Media Postcard

Hello,

Here is a mixed media postcard I made using the rubber stamp Smumanha from Stampotique.

I coloured her with Prismacolour markers and fussy cut her out. I added some wings (that I cut off of the Stampotique stamp Angel) which I covered in black Stickles. I added pink glitter glue from Studio G to her body and top. I used clear Wink of Stella in her hair.

For the background, I gessoed the surface then applied some Distress Paint in Peacock Feathers. 

I used 3 different stencils: Tim Holtz Sun Rays, Dot Fade and The Crafters Workshop Sea Bubbles. I used Distress Inks in Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers with the Dots/Bubble stencils and Squeezed Lemonade with the Rays stencil.

I used white embossing paste and the Sea Bubble stencil for the bubbles. I rubbed turquoise Stickles over random parts of the postcard. 

Here's a close up of the background:

I went around the entire postcard with Staz On in aquamarine blue.

I edged the sentiment with a black Gel pen. 

I would to enter this in the following challenges:

Challenge SDC194: Stencils
Check it out here: Stampotique Designers Challenge

Challenge #224: Every Little Thing She Does in Magic
Check it out here: The Corrosive Challenge

Challenge: May Anything Goes 
Check it out here: Smudgy Antics Challenge

Challenge #77: Bling
Check it out here: Left of Center Challenges

Challenge #21: Anything Goes
Check it out here: Create and Inspire

Thanks for having a look.

Talk to ya soon xx



26 comments:

  1. Your background is beautiful, so full of texture and warm water shades. Smumanha looks fab and she is enjoying her place to swim :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation! Thanks for playing along with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely background , thank you for joining in with the challenge this week x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week!

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful postcard! Love the background you created and all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at LOC challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and the fabulous background! So stunning! Wonderful stamp! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Left of Center Creative Challenges! See you again soon!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful background :) Great sentiment too!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background - and the image and sentiment! Thanks for sharing with LOC!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The background is really fantastic! Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Create and Inspire!
    Hope to see you again!
    Crafty hugs :)
    Francesca (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! Your background is especially cool - love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your back ground and this is one of my favorite stamps. Thank you for sharing it with us at Create and Inspire challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for showing a picture of the background. It's my favorite part. I still have never used stencils or have had a great texture background. I need to.  Come back next month for some more Smudgy Antics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Judy for joining us at Smudgy Antics this month...hope to see you again in June. BDx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab work, loving that background :) Thank you for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics x

    ReplyDelete