Thursday, November 6, 2014

Bleeding Skulls Altered Coffin

Hello,

Here is a coffin box from Michaels that I altered. This box plays a spooky laugh when you open it.

I started by painting the entire thing with black Gesso. I then sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer spray in Trunk Bay.

I added Tim Holtz’s Crackle paint in brushed pewter to the sides and rubbed it with my finger.

I haven't quite decided what I wanna do to the inside so I left it blank. I painted it with red acrylic paint and covered it with black Gesso. While it was still wet, I rubbed most of the gesso off with a baby wipe. 

I bought a bag of skeleton hand from Michaels. I painted one with silver acyrlic paint and hot glued it to the top.

Now for my most favourite part of this project…the bleeding skulls. These skulls were from a bracelet I bought at Michaels that I disassembled. For the blood I used red 3D fabric paint.

Lastly I added a silver foam bat sticker and super sparkly spider to the top.

I would like to enter this in the following challenge:

Challenge #52: Happy Halloween
Check it out here: Left of Center 

Thanks for having a look. 

Talk to ya soon. xx

2 comments: