Friday, July 31, 2015

Magical Mermaids Art Journal Page

Hello,

Here is an art journal page I made using the rubberstamps Smushallaum Smushasha and Smumanha from Stampotique.


I used Silks Acrylic Glaze in purple for the background. I then dabbed on some Distress Paint in Peacock Feathers which I went over with a baby wipe.

I used Distress Paint in Picked Fence and a circle stamp to create some bubbles.

I used a Dylusions stamp block to draw the wavy border and I coloured in the black lines with a black Sharpie paint pen.

I coloured the mermaids with Prismacolour markers and fussy cut them out. I used yellow Stickles in their hair and Glossy Accents on their eyes.

Here's a close up of all 3 mermaids:



I used some Tim Holtz word stickers for the sentiment.

I would like to enter this in the following challenge:

Challenge SDC206: Under the Sea
Check it out here: Stampotique Designers Challenge

Thanks for having a look.

Talk to ya soon xx

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love the background you created for the mermaids and also love the way you colored them!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete