Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Mixed Media Art Journal

Hello everyone, 

I thought I'd share some pages from my mixed media art journal. I'm using a Strathmore Visual 5.5 X 8 inch journal that has 140 lb watercolour paper in it. It's really great for using spray inks because the pages don't warp no matter how much water you use. 

Here it is: 

Here's a look at some of the pages I have done so far:


This page features a digital stamp called Whimsical Mermaid from The Octopode Factory. I coloured her with Prismacolour Markers. For the background I gessoed through a large circle stencil then sprayed Dylusions ink in Calypso Teal over it. 





This page is a digital stamp called Devil Girl also from The Octopode Factory. The background is made with Dylusions Ink in the colours Bubblegum Pink, Cherry Pie and Black Marble. It took me a while to find a quote that went with this page.  





Lastly this page features the Mad Hatter, a digital stamp from The Octopode Factory. I used a bunch of different colour Dylusions sprays in the background...Bubblegum Pink, Lemon Zest, Calypso Teal and Fresh Lime. I fussy-cut the cups from a 12 x 12 piece of scrapbook paper. They are rubbed with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to make it look like spilled tea. 













Talk to ya soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment