Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Whimsical Alice in Wonderland Card

Hi everyone,

Recently after watching Alice in Wonderland, I found myself really wanting to make a 'Merry Unbirthday' card. The tea party scene is still my absolute favorite scene of the whole movie. It's goofy and strange and just plain cute. So... I made one using a digital stamp called Whimsical Alice from The Octopode Factory.

Here's a look at the card:

The digistamp came with a quote from "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' by Lewis Carroll. I wrote that all along the edge of the card using a black Gel pen.

Alice is coloured with Prismacolour Markers and she has some sparkle on the hearts on her shoes, bow, and bunny. 

The background is made with Dylusions Ink Sprays in Calyspo Teal, Fresh Lime and Bubblegum Pink. I then scrunched and placed a piece of plastic wrap over the surface and let it dry. The scrunching causes these really cool lines to form that look like pieces of ice. You can see them if you look closely especially on the right side. Lastly I stamped some swirly circles with white ink for some extra interest. 

I really wanted the quote to stand out so I enhanced the 'unbirthday'. 

Talk to ya soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment