Thursday, April 23, 2015

Zombie Couple Mixed Media Postcard

Hello,

Here is a mixed media postcard I made using the digital stamp set Vera's Zombies from Vera Lane Studio.

I used a piece of Tim Holtz's watercolour paper.

For the background, I used Dylusions Ink Sprays in Bubblegum Pink and Crushed Grape. I then took Black Marble and splashed some all over.

I watered down some red acrylic paint and splattered that on using a fan brush.

I coloured them with Prismacolour markers and fussy cut them out. I used clear Wink of Stella on her dress, heart, and on his brain. I added Glossy Accents to his button eye, the buttons on her dress as well as her heart.

I placed some black and white striped washi tape underneath them. 

I edged the sentiment as well as the entire postcard with black Archival Ink.

I added some epoxy heart stickers along the top and near the sentiment in the middle.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

Challenge #20: Anything Goes
Check it out here: Create and Inspire

Challenge #141: Anything Goes
Check it out here: Addicted to Stamps

Challenge #2: Use Bright Colours
Check it out here: Mixed Media World

Challenge #52: Anything Goes
Check it out here: Love to Scrap! Challenge

Thanks for having a look.

Talk to ya soon xx

14 comments:

  1. Ha ha brilliant,I'm a big fan of these images too ;)
    Thanks for joining us at MMW and good luck
    Big hugs
    Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That background is fabulous! Such a great idea. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background for the quirky images.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is fantastic and I love the contrast in colour to your images. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So quirky and fun! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media World xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool background and what fun images to color!! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous image and love the sentiment,great background-Thank you for joining us at Create and Inspire
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete