Monday, October 13, 2014

Gloomsville Witch Tag

Hello,

Here is a tag I made using a digital stamp called Gloomsville Witch (The Witch of Gloomsville and her Gothic Cat Cesar) from The Octopode Factory.

I first mixed together white and black Gesso to get this great grey colour and coated the entire surface of the tag with it. 

I then used a Tim Holtz spiderweb embossing folder and rubbed black Staz On over the raised webs. 

For the ground I used texture paint and when it was dry, coloured over it with brown Sharpie markers.

I then added a spooky tree and tombstones with white embossing paste and a  stencil that I bought at Michaels. 

I coloured the tree with Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs and Vintage Photo and painted the tombstones with the same grey gesso I used on the background.

I coloured the witch and her kitty with Prismacolour markers. I fussy cut them out and popped them up on foam dots. I added Glossy Accents to their eyes and the star hanging off her hat.

I used a die cut from K & Company that said October 31 and placed an epoxy circle on top.

I added sparkly spiderweb ribbon to the top that I bought at Michaels to finish it off.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

Challenge  Tic Tac Toe {just a little bad, free, and funny}
Check it out here: Incy Wincy Designs

Challenge #3: Anything Goes {Halloween}
Check it out here: Delicious Darkness

Challenge: O is for... {I chose October}

Challenge #210: Halloween
Check it out here: The Corrosive Challenge Blog

Challenge: Animals
Check it out here: Try it on Tuesday

Challenge #137: Colour Inspired {Black w/ Orange+Lime and Purple}
Check it out here: Love to Create Challenge Blog

Thanks for having a look.

Talk to ya soon xx

18 comments:

  1. Lovely Halloween tag

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Love the creepy image! The yellow eyes really stand out, such a great halloween tag! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Fingers DT 
    Friday Sketch DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, Judy!! That witch image is one of my favorites. Nice textures and details. Thank you for joining us at Delicious Darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fun! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tag! Love the image and the background you created. Thank you for joining our "Color Inspired" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the coolest tag!! LOVE the background and that image is awesome! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!!!
    HUGS,
    Chris, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab tag thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute tag. Love your little image.. Thanks for joining us here at Incy Wincy..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layers and fabulous texture, Judy! Fun images, too. Thanks so much for sharing with Delicious Darkness. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Loving this what a great spooky tag Thanks for playing with us at Delicious Darkness

    ReplyDelete