Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Zombie Hope Art Journal Page

Hello,

Here is a page in my mixed media art journal using the rubber stamp Glimmering Hope from Stampotique.

To turn her into a zombie, I first fussy cut her out. I then cut her arms off and repositioned them horizontally. I coloured her face green and added Black Diamond Stickles to her shirt, bow and skirt.

For the background, I used Dylusions Ink Sprays in Bubblegum Pink, Cherry Pie and Crushed Grape. 

I then used bubble wrap and black Gesso for some texture. 

I white embossed a spiderweb stamp from Hampton Art and some tombstones along the bottom. 

I also stamped some bats in black Staz On.

I edged around the sentiment with a red Gel pen.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

Challenge SDC170: Ghouls and Goblins
Check it out here: Stampotique Designers Challenge

Challenge #65: Halloween
Check it out here: Through the Purple Haze

Challenge TPE274: Anything Goes
Check it out here: The Pink Elephant

Challenge #115: Anything Goes/Spooky
Check it out here: Artistic Inspirations

Thanks for having a look.

Talk to ya soon xx

17 comments:

  1. Great journal page! love all the colours you have used..thanks for joining us at Through The Purple Haze ..hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An eerie but absolutely beautiful journal page, Judy! Your sentiment is serious, but spot on! Thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great spooky zombie page! I love how you did the words and the tombstones across the bottom are awesome!!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your spiral binder.. A fun way to decorate and plain book. Thanks for joining us over at TTPH..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great how you turned her into a zombie ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique this week !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspiration with this weeks challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful , wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  8. So spooky cool :)
    Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh. I missed this one somehow and I really like it. She makes a great zombie!

    Thanks for playing along with us at STampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete